michiel | 14 years ago | 2 comments | 2 likes | 4,258 views
We regularly recieve e-mails like this:
"Very nice titler but all I want to do is make 2 or 3 pages of plain titles with 2 or 3 lines, blue background, with white letters with either black drop shadow or outline to go at the beginning of a DVD. Is this to simple for your titler? You can always tell a student or amateur video by the number of razzel dazzel cuts, titles or other distractions. Are quick and simple title pages available in BluffTitler without animation?"
The answer is yes. I understand the amount of effects scares you off, but don't worry, we've made sure simple effect are still simple to achieve. Here's a step by step guide to create the title you're looking for:
1) start a new show with the menu item FILE / NEW SHOW
2) enter your text in the textbox in the upper left corner of the tool bar
3) make the background blue with the menu item FILE /SET BACKGROUND COLOUR...
4) add an outline with the menu item LAYER / ATTACHE BORDER TO CURRENT LAYER...
5) save your picture with the menu item FILE / EXPORT AS PICTURE...
If you want to create the shadows I'm assuming it's required to bring in your own background such as the Blue.png that's included in the media files? As opposed to just 'File - Set Background Color'?
jeff, 14 years ago
Yes. The shadows need something to fall on. For this reason I've created the picture layer with the blue.png picture.
michiel, 14 years ago
Michiel den Outer is the founder and lead coder of Outerspace Software. He lives in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
If he isn't busy improving BluffTitler, he is playing the piano or rides the Dutch dikes on his bikes.
Contact michiel by using the comment form on this page or at email@example.com