1oldtymer | 5 days ago | 2 comments | 99 views
I'm fairly new to BT, and I've just done simple things so far. I'd like to find a way to replace the text of a text layer with an image. For example, instead of the moving text in one of the rollercoaster shows, I'd like to have an image move around instead of the text. It doesn't appear to me that it is possible to change the type of a layer, so cloning the layer with all its attributes really wouldn't help. I'm sure there are many ways to do what I want, but I don't know how to approach the problem. Any help the community can provide will be appreciated.
If all layers had the same attributes it would be possible to "cloning the layer with all its attributes". But if that was the case, all layers would do the same and there would be no different layer types.
In your example, delete the text layer and create a new picture layer.
To make a picture ride a roller coaster:
-select the sketch layer that is rendering the roller coaster
-choose LAYER > Add layer > Add picture layer... and answer YES in the dialog that follows
-animate the WRITER prop of the sketch layer to move the picture
michiel, 4 days ago
There is another simple way to add a picture in the place of the text.
1. Change in the 3rd Layer style dropdown the style to "Box"
2. Delete all the text, keep 1 character (delete the attached text layer)
3. Add your picture as a texture tot the last character
4. Set the 3 rd Text size slider to 0.2 or 0.1
5. Play with the Font size and Text size to make the box the right size
6. Use the texture size to get the right texture size.
Filip, 4 days ago